Monday, September 10, 2007

If you watch this you will go to hell

I like to consider myself fairly handicap friendly. I volunteered at the Special Olympics and heard a stirring Karaoke rendition of "Feel Like Making Love". This little nugget would make Cartman blush. If you haven't seen Boys on Wheels, it is not for the faint of heart. The first time I watched, I thought I was watching some new Kids in the Hall sketch. Is that Scott Thompson mumble-singing? Is that Paul Bellini playing keyboards? What are those funny noises coming out their mouths?
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Obviously they are in on the joke. They are getting paid to exploit their handicap. I know this could never happen in the U.S. and that's too bad. Just like Timmy and the Lords' of the Underworld, they are making people deal with something that most of us would prefer to look the other way at. I don't know if this group has much of a future but hopefully they will be coming to a bar near you soon.

No comments: