Friday, April 25, 2008

One year ago

A year ago today, at around 6 in the evening, my wife and I were running errands in the Hartford area when a drunk driver (going approximately 70-75 miles per hour) crossed over the center line and hit us head on. We were pushed backwards, and were hit again, on our passenger side by an SUV. We had to be cut out of our vehicle, transported by ambulance to a local hospital, and endured months of physical and emotion rehabilitation that, unfortunately, has not completely cured us. The experience is one that we will live with for the rest of our lives. Were it not for the fact that we were in an extremely safe car, I shudder to think what could have happeend. Doing absolutely nothing wrong, my wife and I were almost killed that day.

If you read this blog or contribute to this blog, I tell this story as a cautionary tale. If you drink, don't drive, and if you have are with someone who is drinking to excess, be a friend and be the designated driver. Taking a chance isn't worth it, and even if you don't hurt yourself, you could hurt or kill someone else.

No comments: